Adelaide CBD Danger and Warnings
Adelaide is considered one of the safest cities in Australia, but like any city, there are still risks to be aware of when it comes to personal security. These risks include:
- Pickpocketing in crowded areas, such as public transport and tourist attractions
- Assault and robbery, particularly at night
- Drug-related crime, including dealing and use in public places
To minimize the risk of falling victim to any of these risks, it is recommended to:
- Avoid walking alone at night, especially in isolated areas
- Keep valuables such as wallets and phones out of sight and secured in bags or pockets
- Be aware of your surroundings and keep a distance from any individuals or groups that appear to be engaging in suspicious behavior
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash
If you do encounter any dangerous situations or feel threatened, it is recommended to call the police immediately on 000.
The South Australian Police website has a comprehensive list of safety tips for those visiting or living in Adelaide, which can be found here.
In addition, the Australian Government's Smart Traveller website provides up-to-date travel advisories and safety information for all international travellers, which can be found here.